Monday, November 8, 2010

Why Montessori?

Why do I raise my son the way I do?

I want him to be compassionate.

I want him to practice a peaceful way of life.

I want to teach him how to be independent.  

I want him to help take care of the Earth, and its people, plants, and animals.

I want to encourage his senses of creativity and spontaneity.

I want him to be able to share the love he has in heart with others.

I want him to see the world.  I want to show him as much of the planet as I can now, so that when he is grown-up, he will continue to explore.

I want him to know diversity.  I want him to have friends of all backgrounds, all races....

I want him to feel good about himself.  I want him to be proud of his actions.  I want him to feel comfortable in his own skin.

I want him to feel brave enough to "do the right thing," even when "doing the right thing" is difficult to do.

These are just a few of the many reasons I have chosen a Montessori education for my son.  




No comments:

Post a Comment